DryHome recommends the following Emergency Steps for you to take after a disaster. Whether you sustain damage from water, fire or smoke, let DryHome help you out. By calling us first we can guide you through some simple steps to help minimize the damage.
This guide has some helpful tips you should take to minimize the damage until the DryHome professional restoration service arrives. DryHome can perform all necessary emergency services you need to turn your house into a home again.
Water Damage Emergency Cleaning Tips (after deemed safe)
- Blot or mop excess water.
- Remove and prop up wet upholstered cushions for even drying.
- Place aluminum foil or wood blocks between furniture legs and carpeting.
- Wipe excess water from furniture.
- Open drawers and cabinet doors for complete drying.
- Remove valuable paintings and art objects to a safe place.
- Call a DryHome professional for more information
- Use your household vacuum to remove water.
- Use TV’s or other appliances while standing on wet carpet or floors.
- Leave books, magazines, or any colored items on wet carpets or floors.
- Turn on ceiling fixtures (if ceiling is wet).
- Leave wet fabrics in place.